Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Heading back to Empire City- Day 4




While playing Infamous today I have beaten Adler but unfortunately got betrayed by Zeke in the process and now he is on Kessler's side. So this leaves Cole in the Historic District alone having to fight the first sons, Kessler, and Zeke, your best friend. Now instead of it being Cole and Moya, Cole has finally met up with John and you then find out that he is not Moya' husband and doesn't work with the FBI. So as you can tell the game has really changed now.





-Finally we get more than just a dead drop with John's story

The main focus point for today's article will be about the positives and the negatives about the mission design for Infamous. Now lets focus on the negatives first. There are really only a few points that are disappointing about the mission design for the first game. My main complaint is some missions feel like a survival mission at some points where all you need to do is stay at on point and kill as many enemy's as possible for up to 5 minutes at the time and this can get very repetitive. A good example of this is the prison fight where you have to defend the prison from trashbaggers for almost 10 minutes and that's if you don't die and have to try over again, and if your on hard like me again, again, and again. There is also one quick point I wanted to bring up a bug in the game that really pissed me off. When you follow a helicopter to John for the 1st time and need to defend him against a monster made of trash that has a gas tank and if you want to be bad like me you need to blow it up next to him and the civilians, but for some reason no matter how many times I retried the mission it would never let me blow it up in time and start me off with the gas already flying at me. So I ended up just taking the good karma begrudgingly.






-Betrayal is never easy to take


Still there are still many good points about the missions that make them very memorable and enjoyable. A really good way the missions really mix it up so it doesn't get boring are when you need to follow the ghost of a dead persons killer until you meet up with them and are really good. Also cool fight settings include the train fights when getting their power back on. Just the rush of wind and bullets flying past you. When finding cover, holding onto the side of the train while hanging on for dead life and using Infamous's cool "shoot anywhere" game mechanic.









-Soon this long, hard journey will be over...


I am hoping to beat the game on my Evil/Hard playthrough tomarrow and them I will move onto the Good/Hard playthrough. I am still working some features besides this around to hype up the release of Infamous 2 on June 7th.


No comments:

Post a Comment