Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 12 with no PSN (What have I done with my time?) Part 2

Hopefully with this weeks PS3 firmware update the PSN security problem will be solved for good. Unfortunately today Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) has announced that their servers will be closed due to an external Intrusion much like the PSN hack. Including personal information being stolen. To anyone who has been affected by the PSN and SOE hack my heart goes out to you I know how hard this has been.



-Oh how I wish consoles had the Robot Enrichment option

When I had gotten my copy of Portal 2 in the mail from Amazon I was as giddy as a kid hoping for a snow day. I had a early dismissal from school got home at 12 and waited by my door until 3 when the Fed-Ex guy made my hours of waiting worth it. When I poped in my PS3 copy of Portal 2 the forst thing I did was link my steam account and get my free steam copy. So as I let it download I played single player while talking to my friends on steam which was made very easy to access your friends, chat, Trophies, and recent Portal 2 news by pressing your select button. On the first day I made it to chapter 6 and had to stop due to getting into the Infamous 2 beta. By Thursday I had beaten the single player and having totally ignored the Co-Op I was very excited to see what kind of story the two Robots Atlus and P-Body would go through.

-I have to give it up to vavle for making steam work so well on PS3


With the Amazing story out of the way I was frothing at the mouth to jump into Co-Op but since I couldn't log on PSN I was stuck playing on steam. Since my PC isn't that much of a powerhouse Portal 2 plays great but looks ok not living up to what I was use to on PS3. So far I have played 2 of 5 areas and will what untill the PSN is back up to finish all. From what I played the different test Chambers are very good and feel very different from the single player test chambers. Since I have had all this free time I have spent it unlocking all the single player trophies and going through the developer commentary. Which is very reccomended for a second playthrough when looking for easter eggs and cool stories from the developers.


-Commentaries are one of my favorie features on DVDs and Valve games


Now when I finally finish the Co-Op story I will be sure to write a full review (expect spoilers) also Thanks go out to MrPants on Steam who helped me play Co-Op so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment