Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 11 with no PSN (What have I done with my time?) Part 1

With Sony recently having their press conference about the recent Playstation Network (PSN) hacking in Japan Sony has announced their "Welcome Back" program and what features will be functioning this week. The Playstation blog is where you can find this all out.




Well with that out of the way I have found my self with a lot of new free time on my PS3. Right before the PSN went down the 20th of April I was so excited for games that week. I got Portal 2 and a code for the Infamous 2 UGC beta. So I will start with what I have done with the Infamous 2 beta so far. Not much sadly, I had messed around with it for about 2 hours with the UGC servers online. I had played a coupled of random levels and was very surprised with the quality of the missions and the different types of missions you can make. The controls were a great improvement from Infamous with almost every button having a more then one power to use and you can upgrade, buy, and set up all your powers with the left and right d-pad buttons. The game also looks great making it compares well to the graphical difference from Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2.




-The beta will be extended past 5/6 pending on when PSN is back up


Now Time for the negatives they are only very few gripes that I know will hopefully be fixed for the June 7 release. 1st I hate how empty the game is offline. While I am glad that Suckerpunch made a beta you can play offline and still make missions all it is, is the 1st island unlocked, Cole, pedestrians, cars ,and thats it. With all the mission markers gone the world felt dead I would have liked to at least have random thugs to beat up. This left me with the UGC maker if I wanted to fight bad guys or take on any missions. Well there is a good side and a bad side to this so I'll give you the desert first. The mission creator is SUPER deep and will give you many ways to keep playing the game much like how Little Big Planet does it. As a fan of LBP even I was overwhelmed by all the options. This brings us to the veggies of making missions. While such a large amount of options is a good thing, you would hope there is a tutorial. Well sadly when it comes to tutorials you are given only 1 video which last about 5 minutes or so and this is called a basics video mainly explaining how to start a mission template and edit it slightly and upload it online. I was impressed with the potential I saw in the mission creator and the game as a whole. So I will still order the Hero Edition of Infamous 2 being a super fan of the first game.


-Oh how I long to play the Co-Op story in Portal 2



In Part 2 I will talk all about the good and the bad parts of getting portal 2 on PS3 and having to deal with no PSN. Tell me what you though of my artical below thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment