Thursday, May 5, 2011

1UP and IGN join forces



I planned on writing about Fallout New Vegas on finally getting around to beating it. Well as far as an update goes I beat it finally with me in charge of everything. With that aside I found out today that the rumors were true IGN has Acquired UGO and 1UP from the Hearst Company. Most people I hear on the live stream 1UP hosted today was generally positive about everything. I am a huge fan of 1UP and IGN but have to say I hold a very special place for 1UP being my favorite site to go to for all my gaming info needs since I heard about it in EGM (which is still my favorite gaming magazine by the way). I can not wait to see how to two sites come together including the podcast getting members from both sites. Also on what this will do budget wise, hopefully 1UP will be able to get some new ideas out onto the site. My only real concern is that some people will get laid-off and that is the a sad but realistic fact (i.e. redundancies). I will continue posting the future details of this merge and what will happen to members of both.


If you have any thoughts on the merge leave a comment below. As always thank you for reading and leaving feedback is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment