Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Uncharted 3 Beta Impression-So Far



Oh Naughty Dog you have done It again, ever since Crash Bandicoot you have had my wallet. Now time to get down to business. I was fortunate enough to get into the Uncharted 3 beta early. Now on the 1st day I, much like many others were either not able to get connected, slowdown, bad frame rate, connection, and system crashing. Thankfully ND was quick to fix these issues with update 1.01 the next morning and as of today we got update update 1.02.


Starting on Wednesday the beta really started and the beta has ran as smooth as butter ever since. This Beta is jam packed with content, there are 5 game modes at a time changing each week, tons of guns (some are NEW), new variations of co-op, Uncharted TV, emblem design, facebook integration, and 3 maps (Airfield, Yeman, and Chateau). I will do my best to give you my opinions on my favorite features this adds and impressions on gameplay.


Right off the bat you will notice Uncharted TV in the bottom right corner. This is a mini theater with Uncharted 3 trailers, demos, behind the scenes, and top player kills. I use this so much when waiting for a match to start just keeping me busy. Next the emblem is a cool idea but needs more features like mod nation racer. there is good potential there, but needs improvement. Next I really enjoyed the new guns that ND added as well as the changes and upgrades to past guns such as the FAL becoming the GMAL is my favorite now.


Finally, here is the big one gameplay and new modes. Uncharted 3 fell 150% different from Uncharted 2 to me. Everything pretty much plays the same besides small changes like snipers are in scope automatically when you aim and aiming while climbing has a new dynamic camera to help aiming (and it does). Another new system ND added was the buddy system, at the beginning of a match you are randomly assigned a buddy who you can spawn from and pick up treasures for you. The main point of your buddy is the high five and fist bump medal if you two get a kill go to the corpse and hold down to get some knucks or slaps.


The beta has really sucked me into U3 multiplayer much like U2 did. Now with the new changes in modes that make things really different from all other games which is a rare and nice sight to see. To wrap this up, if you have a PS3 and a PSN account you can play this today for FREE so get on it if you haven't. Come back here next week to get my impressions on the updated modes for the final week of the beta. Wish me luck on hitting level 25 soon as of this I am level 21 sigh so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment