Saturday, July 16, 2011

Quick Review For Infamous 2


-Better late then never

Since I was quite late to playing Infamous 2 and therefore it made writing a review come up late. With this I wanted to try a new form of quick reviews not always for retail games, mainly for downloadable games. I don't want you to think I am under minding this great game. Now time to get into a review, it took long enough.

First off if you liked Infamous or were like me and were super addicted to collecting blast shards you will LOVE Infamous 2 and should buy it, if you have not already. After my character design changes you still play as a shaved headed Cole (not Dylan) who has a normal non v-neck shirt. I personally liked the new design and would like to have it available in any way shape or form. No other changes to any character designs were made. The most change you might see is someone you know from Infamous 1 has some new threads now in Infamous2.

Sucker Punch has put a new twist on the gameplay by making melee a big factor, but for those worried that shooting was under minded don't its about 20% melee and 80% shooting. This time you use a tuning fork called the amp for melee and it feels much better then the 1st game. On the other side of things, shooting has also changed, not by controls but with powers and how many choices each power has. Also there are new ways to explore the world you are in such as electric poles you can shoot your self up in, but I will save the rest to keep the surprise, there is one towards the end of the game which makes traveling 100% different.

-Making choices still is very black and white

Now lets talk about the setting, New Marais is a totally new and amazing city compared to Empire City. It is much more diverse and helps keeps missions fresh. Talking about UGC I haven't had to much experience making levels mainly playing them. Sadly nothing has really impressed me unlike LBP. So hopefully in the future people will make some really cool levels. The main reason it's so hard is due to the difficulties of making a level and lack of tutorial.

Lastly, the story in my opinion is very good and both endings make me very curious for the future of the series, but interesting none the less. None of the new characters really annoyed me and at moments made me feel something. The big connection is with Zeke and Cole is really amazing and makes you feel like you are his best friend.

I would recommend anyone who is into open world games pick this up or if you are a fan of comic books or super heroes. The game is not perfect with UGC and camera problems, but suckerpunch really makes a fun and enjoyable sequel, which is all I ever wanted.

Infamous 2 gets a 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment