Friday, July 8, 2011

Bioshock Infinite Impressions


-If this is just a tease of what "tears" will be like I can't wait to see more

Back in 2010 (I know a long time) when this game was announced I was a bit worried about how to make REAL sequel to Bioshock. *I have not played Bioshock 2* After playing the 1st Bioshock I had to wait a year because of my problem of having a PS3, oh boy was that worth the wait. So taking my concern and hope knowing the developers of the 1st game are working on this, I decided to wait until some actual gameplay came out before I would really judge the game.


Finally, last September Irrational Games released a 10 minute video showing what the game will look like. You play an actual character this time named Booker Dewitt and he is an ex Pinkerton Agent. He is told to go Columbia the city in the sky where the game takes place and rescue a girl named Elizabeth as an offer he can't refuse. In this video you are introduced to how broken Columbia has become since Booker got there, which I enjoy since with Rapture you see an already broken which is a much different feeling.

-Let this give you a good peek at what the mind set of Columbia is like

Now the game's graphics and gameplay wise didn't really look that different, it mainly looked like a cleaner looking Bioshock and I really didn't mind that cause that style really works for me. Now with last nights unveiling of the closed door demo from E3 had gotten lots of praise from the gaming press which had me very curious to see more. Also GTTV had a nice 15 minute long interview which you can watch here.


Now after a couple of months not much has changed besides Booker's voice is a different person which makes him sound younger which I really like. Now this demo really shows an actual slice of the game from the end of the 3rd level. This demo really shows off how well the game shows how Booker and Elizabeth interact in the game. There is always banter going on either to yourself or Elizabeth much like Uncharted. Just from that 15 minute demo I really felt a bond to Elizabeth and got sucked into the game without even had played it. Also I was worried that the Song Bird would be very much like a Big Daddy. So on a very simple basis you can call Song Bird Elizabeth's big daddy, but if you take a closer look there is a much deeper and complicated relationship between the two. P.S. there is only 1 songbird that we have seen so far.


Hopefully we will get to see more soon, but who knows when that will be. I will keep you up to date on any news for Bioshock Infinite so stay tuned here for more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment