Thursday, June 30, 2011

Getting back into Street Fighter 4



-Yang (left) and Yun (right) getting ready for a fight


Since I am back from my trip the silence on TW4N is officially over!!! I will be putting up stories about me getting into some old games I haven't gotten to play since my YLOD. On my trip to Arizona I got sucked back into the fighting game scene at my local arcade, gameworks and finally got my hands on the English arcade edition of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. So while the title is a mouthful the game has added quite a lot. All night I played huddled around 2 cabinets with many other guys and girls checking out the new additions. Even before my PS3 died I am a huge fighting game fan, but was distracted by Marvel vs Capcom 3.

-Oni (left) and Evil Ryu (right) looking badass as always

Arcade Edition's main attraction is 4 new characters to Street Fighter 4. Yun and Yang are very interesting and going to be quite popular for a while especially Yun. The other new characters are Evil Ryu who is pretty much Ryu and Akuma's child. The final character is completely new to the Street Fighter Universe and that is Oni. After playing all of them for a while I am impressed by all 4 new characters and plan on making Yang my main and surprisingly Evil Ryu being my second main.


After that night I didn't think I would be able to play for a while and couldn't wait to get the retail edition when I get home. When I was checking out the Capcom Unity blog I saw that Microsoft was having a launch party and tournament at the Microsoft store near the place I was staying. FINALLY a official launch party I could actually go to. I had a great time at the tournament even though I got my ass kicked, but I had a great time meeting more people getting even more sucked into SF4.

-Awesome art as always

Even after the tournament I got to mess around with the retail edition of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. I was only really disappointed that there were no trials for the new characters, but this leaves me to experimenting. Now if you have Super Street Fighter 4 you can download all the extras and modes in Arcade Edition for $15 but you can't if you only have Street Fighter 4. Even though I have Street Fighter 4 and Super I couldn't resist picking up the retail copy for $40 and it has some awesome box art and a beautifully made manual. I have messed around a bit and can't wait to play more but I have a lot of other games to keep me busy and will write up something everyday if all goes well. I Highly recommend picking this up any way you can if you are a Street Fighter fan.


P.S. Thanks to DEVASTATION for hosting the tournament and you can check out the results here as well as the bracket to see where I placed... remember I hadn't played in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment