Monday, June 6, 2011

Microsoft Press Conference Impressions


Microsoft's press conference just finished up today and I want to just give some quick hit impressions on what I thought. The beginning had a lot of interesting multiplatform games they showed off a really cool look at the new Tomb Raider as well as Mass Effect 3 with its new Kinect support features. Out of all the kinect supported games I saw only 3 games really impressed me. I enjoyed the voice commands in ME3, the gun customizing menu for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier looked great, but the gameplay looked very bad and needs improvement, finally I saw what Once upon a monster looked and played like, as a pure kinect game I really liked what I saw in gameplay and presentation.

The rest of the conference showed the 360 exclusive games and the only games that didn't support kinect were Halo anniversary, Gears of War 3, and Halo 4. So there was a disappointing amount of hardcore games so it looks like Sony still has it beat. The rest were mainly forgettable Kinect games besides Dance Central 2 now with 2 player dancing and the Fun Lab which shows off the cool features people have made on PC now you can use them on 360.

All in all I was very underwhelmed at what microsoft had to show. I am a bit excited on the announcement of Halo 4 and the anniversary of the first game being remastered. I would have enjoyed a more even mix of hardcore and kinect games.

I Grade Microsoft's Conference: C

FISTBUMP!

No comments:

Post a Comment