Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Road To Maxout Part 4 (Sadly the end as well)

Well sorry to sad I don't have much good
Well I have been to sick recently to post much sadly so sorry about the dead air everybody. There have been many changes to me going to Maxout this Saturday unfortunately. My schedule this Saturday went from going to Maxout and that was suppose to be my day until I got hit with the scheduling hurricane. I ended up finding out I have to do driving school from 8 A.M.-12 P.M., work  a double shift at work as a busser (which is the longest I have ever worked at my job and I haven't even been a busser or any training before. Not only that I am also missing a double date opportunity with my girlfriend and her friends, as well as a birthday party for a friend of mine. So to say the least it really sucks having to make all the practice I put into Blazblue CS:EX and Street Fighter X Tekken.

I was able to get some great games in on Friday though when I went to my first meetup. I got in many matches for the new Skull Girls, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Street Fighter 4 2012. I have not played SF4 in a long time and it showed, but I really loved getting to play as my mains Yang and Ken. Thankfully the KCSRK community for SF4 is really, really strong and there are a wide variety of players to compete against. I plan on going to these as often as I can and many even try to set a weekly meetup for myself over there summer.
He is quite hungry.....better bring some salt for his meal

Like I said before I have been sick so while I was sick I haven mainly been playing two games while I was stuck in my room being sick. These games are Devil May Cry HD Collection and Soul Calibur V. Devil May Cry 2 did not age to well, but thankfully it is such a short and simple game I was able to beat Dante and Lucias modes in two days. All in all I think it took me about 5-6 hours when I was done and ready to move on.I've started playing Devil May Cry 3 now and I decided to hate myself by choosing to play yellow mode instead of gold mode. If you don't know what each mode is, Gold mode means you get checkpoints and Yellow mode means have to beat a level in one go unless you buy a yellow orb before hand or else you are sent back to the beginning.

Is it bad that this is
kinda true?
Lastly, with me getting back into Soul Calibur V I have really enjoyed had a great time playing with friends and fighting online. I still am playing as Xiba even after the patch which has changed many things for him and everyone. I will say this though as I was getting back into playing the game again after a small break, I still needed to get two more characters at the time. I needed to buy Dampierre for $4.99 and unlock Algol, the only way to unlock him was to find him in quick battle or beat Legendary Souls mode. That doesn't sound to bad, but if you have played SCV before you would know that this mode is one of the craziest and cheapest mode where you fight six amazingly cheap AI. So in the end I ended up buying some costume parts for character creation and Dampierre. I have still not unlocked Algol, but I hope to let him tonight and put some more time and practice today.

Thanks for reading my four part series and I am looking into any new tournaments I could attend and If not I will be trying my hardest to go to next months Maxout. I am also looking to have a review for DMC HD Collection be posted up around next week. EVO 2012 HERE I COME!!!

2 comments:

  1. You're probably talking about Simon, he is a friend of mine within the community. I was not at the meetup on Friday. We're true road warriors and drive to and from the tournament 3.5 hours each way the day of the tournament. Thanks for taking a look at my blog, maybe we can meet up at future events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good to me just let me know when you are in the KC area so we can get some games in.

      Delete