Monday, August 29, 2011

Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike Online Edition Review


-Heavily delayed, but hopefully worth it for you

I use to play SF3 3rd strike all the time back in my local arcade back in my home town and loved getting my ass handed to my 9/10 times, but loved just playing it and getting to watch it. Now in 2011 I have actually turned the tables with my skills after I have been practicing like crazy and in general getting into all sorts of fighters which has helped playing other fighting games. Still with that said 3rd strike is a much more different game compared to other fighting games even with SF2 and SF4.

-Working with my main man Yang as always!

Gameplay

This is a very serious game to jump into and can take a while to get into especially if you have never played 3rd strike before. There are many complicated system to wrap your head around playing 3rd Strike, but the big one is how to parry. Whether you parry this can make or break a match and change the outcome for even the most experienced players.

SF3 has a ton of features which is an extremely rare thing to see in a Capcom fighting game. There are vast training option, trials, challenges, arcade mode, versus (online and off), tournaments, and A SPECTATOR MODE! The game also has a ton of art and concept art, music, and movies. You unlock these by completing challenges and this gives you vault points (VP).

The game has everything in the 3rd Strike that the original arcade version had including music, frame data, and hasn't changed the visuals at all which is a good thing for me. There is also remixed music by the guy who made the music for Bionic Commando Rearmed. You can Switch between the original music and go back and forth. >
At this moment the online is running extremely well for me on PS3 and is amazingly smooth running on ROR_2">GGPO which has never been on consoles before. Be warned though as smooth as GGPO makes things know this if you don't have a decent Internet connection GGPO won't fix that for you. With that in mind my moderate Internet connection the online runs great and after some patches on match making this will be perfect.

-The Graphics aren't vastly different, but good none the least

Graphics

The game is over 10 years up and still holds up visually. Still at the same time the game blown up on HD TVs really is a bit pixleated even with some of the different filters on. The game offers a couple of very cool visual picks like Arcade mode with scan lines, ="SPELLING_ERROR_8">widescreen, and normal with challenges showing up as you process through them. Also on a final side note the game offers replays on its own match server as well as share your own videos to youtube.

Final Thoughts

The game as a $14.99 fighting game with many deep and interesting extras and features is a really good deal for me, but I can see people not liking it even on it's difficulty alone. I do have a few complaints such as the ranked matchmaking at the moment and youtube uploads are only 240P, but that is better than nothing. All in all I can't wait to get into the game even more than I already have.

10/10....PERFECT!


No comments:

Post a Comment