Thursday, February 23, 2012

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations:Demo Impressions

Who is ready for some hot N.U.N.S. action?
I have an interesting history with the Naruto series as a whole, beginning with me reading the manga, then leading to me watching the anime, the games, then the trading card game. Now many years later I have stopped  doing all of these things with the Naruto series except with the video games. The ever complicated and seemingly never ending plot fits itself with the game surprisingly well. Mainly the Ultimate Ninja series which started all the way back in the late end PS2 days.


You really have to hand it to
Cyber Connect 2 for making such a gorgeous game engine
Now after many games Ultimate Ninja Storm is probably one of the highest quality licensed games I have played. Generations does not disappoint in the presentation or gameplay department either this time around. This will be the 3rd game for this generation (ha-ha) of consoles and with each iteration everything seems to change enough to try and make the series not feel old.

Talk about beating yourself up over nothing
The demo is split into 3 parts which all have you playing as Shippuden Naruto. You first start by fighting Saskue with Sakura and Sai, Next Sage Naruto fights Pain, Finally Naruto fights Tobi (Madara). The demo does not take long at all to finish but if you are looking for more you can always go through it in both English and Japanese audio for all you Narutards out there. One last note to the demo is it shows off a nice highlight opening cut scene from the anime studio that actually does the anime.

You know usually you have to pay extra for this kind of stuff
I have to say though that I am a bit concerned about this games story mode since after playing Storm 2 and the very long and expansive story caught me up on the whole story of Shippuden up to where the anime was as of 2010. One of the key features in this game is combining old with new having both generations clash. What I would hope for is the story to play the same as Storm 2, while at the same time covering all the past stories all the way from the beginning. I understand that this is quite a tall glass to order in only 2 years after the last game, still as a gamer there is nothing wrong with me wanting something. In just worry the story mode will be a very slide show heavy feature that uses the anime  cut scenes instead of actual in game  cut scenes like before. Now while the anime looks fantastically done I feel it seems to be sending a bit of a mixed message since before the game always toted the fact that it was an amazing looking game and it knew that and it wanted to make sure the player knew that by wowing them at all moments. Now with the anime put into the game what is the point since the games graphics rival the show and in my personal opinion are much better than the anime will ever look. Still while playing everything tuns smooth and looks great as always.

I am still looking forward to see how the final product will look like as well as how many crazy fights me and my friends will have choosing from the over 70+ characters this time around.
Eat your heart out fans girls....and you to Rick Springfield 

Have any opinions on the demo or even just the game? Sound off in the comments below I would love to hear what you all think.

No comments:

Post a Comment