Thursday, December 1, 2011

Assassin's Creed Revelations WHAT HAPPENED?!

Sure would have been nice if ANYONE reported on this...
Recently Assassin's Creed Revelations was undergoing maintenance on the 25th of November and this was just scheduled to fix some minor issues and in less than a day the servers went back up and everything went back to normal...OR DID IT?!

As I was playing Revelations and finished the story mode my 1st thought was "Time to spend some Uplay points and get that multiplayer pack. Next thing I know the game won't let me log in for some reason and says the AC:R servers are currently not available. At first I didn't think anything of it and just though it would be fixed by tomorrow. This was not the case and  until the 29th of November this problem was still going on. I thought that this problem could just be me since I had not heard anyone talk about it on any of the major news sites, but I soon checked the official forums and saw many others were going through what I was. This issues wasn't effecting everyone and there was no way to tell what made you unable to connect to their servers. So while I saw all my friends playing multiplayer I was stuck with no estimated fix date.

This brings me to another issue I had which is this couldn't have happened at a worse time. Ubisoft has an online FAQ that is actually pretty useful in helping people with problems, but no matter how many times people submitted this problem people never got a fix, reason as to whats going on,  or even what to do. The other solutions for technical help is the Ubisoft support line which closes on the weekend and no one knew about this issue until late Friday so we were stuck in the forums going "WTF is going on???" until their phone lines opened up on Monday. So over the weekend the occasional mod would stop by suggesting we go to the already mentioned useless online FAQ and finally someone who wasn't trying to BS everyone just laid it out straight by saying they are aware this is a problem and they are looking into it.

Finally Monday arrives and I notice that the servers are still not connecting so I give Ubisofts support line a call and explain the issue I was having and the lady told me that they are aware of the issue and things should be up in 24 hours. I was grateful of the time frame for this problem finally being fixed, but I needed to know what really happened. I am aware issues like this can happen and no one can see these coming, but I wanted to know how they totally dropped the ball PR wise on this whole issue. While I see this effected a very small part of the community this still effected your "fans" the paying customers who just spent their money on your product. So the least you could have done was reach out sooner and say we know you are having issues, just stay with us as we work through this. Instead after e-mailing Ubisoft directly about the issue, leaving comments and post on their official facebook pages and not hearing back at all until I called the support line is a bit ridiculous.

I want to end this by bringing up one last topic of discussion. Besides forums how did no one on any video game news site pick up on this. So that is why I wanted to write this piece talking about what happened to let you know if you were one of the people who didn't know about this and were not affected. Let me know what you think of this whole situation in the comments below, whether you were affected or not how do you think this whole situation was handled.

No comments:

Post a Comment